Why use HF Radios?
Codan Limited is an Australian producer of radio and satellite communication systems. Within the telecommunication vertical, Codans position is the High Frequency (HF) class of Radio transmitters. Codan additionally produce Digital Microwave Radios and Broadcast interface equipment. Codan and Codan Broadcast form part of the Codan Group of Companies.
HF is thought to be the genuine choice of communication in isolated and intolerant environments due to the following:
- HF sending and receiving is free of charge – call costs are complimentary
- HF does not need hardware – HF uses radio waves, and consequently has no requirement of telephone lines, repeaters or satellites for transmittal
- HF is significantly manageable – Vehicle or operational mounted (manpack) HF radio gear can be used on the go and does not necessitate stopping and initiating antennae to communicate
- HF radio is sugnificantly flexible – Codan equipment may be utilised to transmit voice, fax, data, e-mail, text messages and can sustain telephone assimilation
- HF provides security strenght – HF is tailor made for communicating with in excess of two operators simultaneously, providing security and tracking of distributed people
- HF radios support customisation – HF sets can be fixed with discretionary GPS equipment, allowing you to follow your vehicle fleet without the requirement for costly satellite connectivity costs. They can additionally be integrated with Codan Automated Link Management (CALM) which will routinely choose the most advantageous frequency for communication
- HF provides superior sound value – Codan’s Easy Talk voice dispensation gives outstanding voice lucidity
- HF can be protected – Discretionary Voice Encryption is provided by Codan
Codan produce two chief categories of HF Radios, the NGT SR and NGT VR. The SR will send out voice, VR will send out both voice and data. Equally VR and SR are ordered with the alternative of being configured for vehicle mounting, utilised as a base station or worn as a manpack.Regarding manpack based radios, the Codan transceivers in the 2110 and 2110v series are the pinnacle of the collection. Completely self-sufficient within a solo unit, the manpack is straightforward to install quickly anywhere. We focus in the voice based 2110v and the further sophisticated multi-faceted 2110 standard. The 2110 senior item is a high-tech transportable HF unit. The 2110 is laden with alternatives for interface and inter-operability. The 2110 is completely accommodating for function with military transceivers and provides major ALE operational specifications. The 2110v is a voice only operating system which is intended purely to provide first-rate HF transmission. The 2110 system is the strongest, most hard-wearing piece of rough-wearing radio kit Codan produced. Nonetheless, this has not diverted their manpack status of being light and straightforward to use. The manpack complies totally with the meticulous environmental values necessary to attain ML-STD-810F accreditation.
With regard to power, the 2110 series is the main reasonably priced system ever created by Codan, using a solitary charge to supply unremitting operation over a number of days. It comes with an Intelligent Battery Management System (IBMS). This system smartly monitors and presents battery power offered in addition to it’s power and state. The IBMS safeguards the battery from overcharging and consequent harm. The 2110 provides constant contact and considers battery state to stop you losing communication. Contact is additionally cosseted by the insertion of an intelligible interface which is compatible with the Codan NGT series of transceivers rendering the system extremely straightforward in keeping in contact with NGT users, to use unaccompanied or to instruct others to use, drastically reducing expenditure and time. Compatibility expands to other industrial and military grade radio systems including the NGT. The utilisation of the noise lessening application Easitalk adds to the lucidity of communication.
A chief component of the 2110 is the CALM system which ensures rapid antenna modification and choice of modes. The system will additionally decide on the most appropriate antenna and self-initiates the tuning. The scan speed is a great deal more rapid than conservative ALE systems and consequently deploys itself into application speedily. The functioning display screen is large and comprehensible and possesses self-testing facilities to guarantee the system is constantly functional – a 24 hour Link Quality Analysis program. Consequently, this system is simple to control for even a beginner and scrutiny of its operational status is uncomplicated. Voice encryption and GPS capacity are presented as options, also making sure that security, prudence and tracking are a top precedence. This is naturally all supported with Codan’s distinguished global support and a straightforward three year guarantee. A variety of antennas, backpacks, mounting kits, batteries and chargers are offered to constitute the 2110v or 2110 to suit your personal requirements.